anbodukochi

I don’t know if it’s true or not, but if it’s true I pity you politicians of Chennai.

When the news of flood was heard thousands of youths across South India gathered and worked day and night collecting relief materials and many even volunteered to travel to Chennai to distribute the same. Even I got a chance to work for #anbodukochi a initiate by few young Kochiites. When I went to offer my help I saw many youths of Kochi packing the relief materials, first I thought all are friends but after few minutes I realised  no one knows each other but they were united for a cause. I too joined the team for unloading and packing, which I have not done even when we were shifting our house. But the air in that room made me work and on the other side the cry of millions in Chennai was resounding in my ears. Though I was working with them I was praying for my Grandma and family who lives in Chennai who were not reachable. (thank god, they are ok and safe now).

I tried to be part of the group at least for 4 to 5 hours every day, I noticed a person Shaju, he may be in his 50’s with long beard, the most aged person in that group, dressed  in black dothi and black jubba. he doesn’t belong to any group or political organization, on hearing about #anbodukochi he volunteered, I saw the youth in him. I too joined with him and we were doing our  part . Everything wad organized so well that there was no need for any supervision. 

I saw a man sitting next to packed boxes and he was busy texting, I was sure I have seen him some where. it took few second for me to realize that it was the Kochi Collector Sri Rajamanikkam. I was shocked to see him sitting on floor, the most simple and humble man believe me I could see an aura around him, he was continually in touch with authorities in Chennai and coordinating the trucks  leaving Kochi.

Loads of Relief materials were pouring into the centre in Cars, vans, autos and trucks. An auto came fully loaded with biscuits and the driver himself unloaded the biscuits and he noticed what’s happening there and left. After few minutes I saw the same auto driver coming back and joining the team to work, at one point I shook hand with him and got introduced, he said Sir I stopped running today I want to do something for Chennai, He said, Sir this is the spirit, I am proud of this boys and girls who are working day and night and if I go with my auto for work my conscience will not allow to work, so I decided to skip my work for today. A big salute to this man.


Though many are working across India day and night to help millions in Chennai, I am hearing & seeing videos of many politicians who try to post the CM’s picture in all the relief packets and to misguide the public that its TN  government who is supplying the relief. Now the opposition is using this as a tool to attack the CM, everything is political. I don’t trust any of the political parties, 


I don’t know how far Chennai people will realise this and punish these so called politicians when they come for mandate next time, or will they go behind blindly supporting like what they used to do every time, only time will tell……..


Comments

Popular Posts