Should I buy a Nehru coat or Modi coat


Got a call from my wife, She simply said ‘get a Nehru coat for Kicha’. Kicha is our 4 year old son who is in his KG.  I went in search of Nehru coat, Nehru being India’s first Prime Minister in who’s name the children’s day is celebrated across India on every 14th Nov.  I walked into a leading textile showroom at Kochi and asked for kids Nehru coat, The smiling answer from the sales man was, sir, we don’t sell Nehru coats now a days,  If you want I can give you a Modi coat. What! a Modi coat instead of Nehru coat ? 
What I know a little about both the coats are, Nehru wears a full sleeve which Combines the old Eurocentric idea of formal wear – a suit.  But Modi goes in for sleeve less &  candy colours like chrome yellow and sky blue which most of them dare to wear.

Now I am confused,  Should I go for first PM’s coat or present PM’s coat ?  I called my wife, my Home Minister, to get the approval.  Being a lecturer she gave me a lecture about  the connection of Nehru’s birthday and children’s day. And also asked me to get the topi (hat) and a rose as the accessories. That call gave me a clear picture of what should I fetch for my little one for his school children’s day celebration.  And now I am clear that the present PM has no connection with the past PM of our nation, both are different in the way they look and act.  I do remember today’s morning paper says “Present PM was not invited for the first PM’s birth day celebrations”.  So the newspapers news vouched that past is
past and present is present.

When I turned around, I saw few parents running around to get the Nehru coat and the sales man giving the same answer what he told me. I heard one parent calling his wife to find out which coat he should buy,  Nehru or Modi.  Stupid guy, he can’t even take a decision of his own, how will this world survive ?

I went straight to Broadway Market where you can even find out your lost siblings. Surprisingly broadway market did not help me in getting what I wanted. Fellow parents like me running around from one place to another in search of Nehru coat.  After visiting few shops we, parents became friendly. We decided to find out a way. Suddenly I had an idea.  I called up the place where they rent costumes, the shopkeeper put my call on hold for over 10minuts and said he has the coat and the charges will be Rupees 75/- rent and Rupees 500/- deposit,  I informed other parents too and we all rushed to that place.  Thank God,  I got one which suits Kicha’s size also a topi which is little bigger in size but decided to take it.  It was not a suit which he gave me, it was a kurtha, a khadi one which can be replaced as a Nehru coat.  I don’t want to take a chance and lose my dinner at home,.  On the way I called my Home Minister and told her about the difficulties I was facing to get this normal kurtha and convinced her that no one in Kochi sells Nehru coat all are going to use only Kurtha for 14th November.

Thank God, what would have happened if all the 15 Prime Ministers right from Nehru to Modi in different costumes and have different days designated on their birth day ?
 

Today 13th Nov, I should not forget to get a bright red rose, which Nehru used to pinned to his lapel. If I miss it then children’s day will turn into a disaster day for me at home. 















Comments

Popular Posts