in Zucchini

Never in my entire life have I heard the word Zucchini. We were at Lulu mall last day and happened to see Zucchini among the vegetables which cost around 70Rs per KG. I was curious to know what it is and how it tastes like, after many examples my wife convinced me that it’s another variety of Cucumber which is rich in Potassium and Vitamin A.

I googled “Zucchini’ and found lots of healthy recipe’s with Zucchini. The one which attracted me is Carrot Zucchini Frittata Fingers. Though it has a long tongue twisting name its easy to prepare especially for a beginner like me.

How to make and what you need :

Melted butter, to grease
2 tsp olive oil
½ cup grated green zucchini
½ cup Grated carrot
1/3 cup Spring Onion cut into small pieces
1 potato boiled grated
1 egg whisked
1 cup grated Cheese
2 tbs chopped parsley
1 tbs plain flour
1 tbs red chilly flakes
Salt to taste

Pre heat oven

Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, Add the zucchini, Carrot, Spring Onion and sauté for for 5 to 6mts or until the vegetables soften. Add salt and chilly flakes.

Once done keep it cool for few mintus

Combine vegetable mixture, egg, ½ cup cheese, parsley and flour in a large bowl and stir until well combined.

Preheat oven at 180 degree for 10 min. Grease a rectangular shaped baking dish with butter. Pour vegetable mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Sprinkle some more cheese on top and Bake in oven at 180degrees for 20 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool



A new snack is ready. You can add any masala or spice according to your taste.

decorate as you wish. 



So one more Veg item from me.

The taste : My kids finished the entire plate and I am happy that they had a healthy veg snack

Comments

Popular Posts