What I See : in my work



Before I start let me set apart a few moments to pray to my Guru Sri Sri Shikari Shambu.

i am sure you all know  him he is a great  "meek, lazy hunter whom the rest of the world perceives as courageous, powerful hunter. He always tries to run away from dangerous animals, but due to some luck he always ends up as a hero".

Every time before i start my job I do this ritual of Praying Sri Sri Shikari Shambu.

Few days ago my client demanded some new concept for the opening of their new showroom, New Concept ? you mean Idea ? to open a show room what big idea you need ? you just need few yards of Ribbon and a scissors I grumbled.  "The Client"  who knows me better than what I know about myself gave me a dead line of 5 days to present the campaign with a new Idea.  I know i can do it as long as my Guru is with me.  I do not have to worry about anything in life. He had helped me in many occasion and i am confident that he will do it this time too.

Walked back to office shared the idea with the ideation team, all are more worried about what i would have committed to the client which always used to be  stupid and non executable.  everyone got relaxed when they realized i had not committed anything like what i normally do. The team took charge of the scene and requested me to be out of the team for the next 5 days until they come out with new concept. 

The next 5 days are the most beautiful days in life, for sure 6th day me gonna loose my job! .

I could see the team running around Google and Youtube to get a thread on how to start thinking of an idea.  I am confident My Boss My Guru Sri Sri Shikari Shambu will show me a way.

3 days flew like a rocket, two more days for presentation, but i am still confident and chatting in  FB with all my beautiful girl friends whom i have never seen. While chatting one of my girl friend asked me

 Friend : "Hey so you don't have any work today too ?" 
( even though i don't allow anyone to question my duties or work, i forgived her as she looks gorgeous and every time i even skip my lunch to chat with her)
Me       :  " no darling...we are now creating a new concept for our saree cleint"

Friend  :    New concept for a Saree WOW

Me      :     Yep

Friend :     Who is the model ? Aiswariya, Asin or Mandira Bedi again ?

Me     :       i can't disclose the idea, really sorry for that my sweet heart :(

Friend :     Why can't you take me in your add, I am a regular customer of your client.
                 ("Beta man mein laddu futa"   - --- "Mansil Laddu potti")

Me     :       Don't say to anyone, even I am thinking about it.

Me       :    C u later cheweet heart, wil catch you soon bye tc ummmaaa.
Logged out

For sure something triggered  in my brain but was not confident to discuss with the ideation team, Creative people treat Business Development and Client servicing guy in a step motherly attitude. So decided not to speak out.  Even though they treat us in a stepmotherly attitude they came out with brilliant or rather excellent idea. I got convinced and took a deep breath on saving my job.

Called up the client and fixed appointment for presentation with the entire team.

Hey forgot to introduce my client, she is a Celebrity Entrepreneur,  she runs textile retail in Kerala.  She own's Seematti the textile destination or rather I should say the Silk destination of India, she is non other than Mrs. Beena Kannan.  Her coffee table book "Beena Kannan's Book of Indian Silk Sarees" a worth possessing one. With the blessings of my guru Sri Sri Shikari Shambu i gave the concept of writing a book to her, you can check the book my name too is printed along with the people who really worked for the book.

The presentation took off well, it took 35 minutes to finish the presentation and the client seemed to be happy and was discussing about the concept and the execution, finely she asked do you guys have any plan B ?

I hear thunder, I hear thunder, oh don't you ?   every one heard the thunder for sure, the team started staring at each other for plan B, poor guys they only know how much they worked to complete plan A then where is the time for Plan B.   With the grace and blessings of all mighty Sri Sri Shikari Shambu i replied to Mrs Beena, yes Mam we do have a Plan B. I started explaining in my usual elastic way of presenting things "Customers are god" why can't we use customers as our ambassadors, i mean it is not simple testimonial advertisements, in which the a person pretending to be a customer says about the qualities of the product, in our case we will use our customers wearing sarees andmake them a celebrity.  


Mrs Beena said that's not a bad idea i can give you over 1000 customers who will vouch for my sarees, i could feel the sweat on my under arm, i could feel in the air that my gorgeous friends idea is going to escalate, even though i was blank about what i was presenting i was very confident in answering all her questions. In the end  after a lavish dinner with the client we got the approval for the Idea for what I presented by the grace of Sri Sri Shikari Shambu.

Even the ideation team was happy about the idea and i feel like they upgraded me from the stepbrother status to brother status. Only few days left for the showroom inauguration loads of things to be done, we decided to go for a photo shoot with the customers who had shown interest to be part of the campaign.  More than the ad campaign shoot i am excited to meet my gorgeous FB friend whom for sure i will invite  to be a model. Unfortunately she didn't come online for the next two days by that time we had already short listed 10 girls who are much much more gorgeous than my FB friend, so i decided to keep her in waiting list.

The shoot took off well, all new faces, they were all working women, house wife, students and so on, it was fun working with them, one got shock in front of the camera it took 40 minutes for us to bring her back to normal, another one very confident and ready to give us any number of poses like a professional model, the entire team including Make Up, Hair, our ace photographer Dinesh Madhav (for sure he is not Santosh madhav) gave their professional touch to make that campaign a special one. My special thanks to Seematti's New faces Ms. Anitha, Ms. Marsha, Ms. Sunitha, Ms Aiswariya and Ms. Reeja


On the last day of the shoot one girl came to me and asked how much should she pay to every one for taking her as a model!!  So we had many good and funny experience working with this new faces.  I tried to keep away the thought of my FB friend during the shoot.
 The pictures wPere shown to Mrs. Beena the next day, she instantly asked us to go for a TV commercial with the same girls as a part of the launch which actually was our idea too. Every thing was organized in no time and all the girls were brought in again for the TV shoot,  Mrs Beena asked Shiv KR our team member to Direct the commercial that was a big surprise  for him, he was elated and executed it in such a professional style and never made any one feel  he is a newcomer.Even for this shoot i never invited or requested my FB friend to be a part. I have kept her aside so that i can call her next time.
 
The showroom got inaugurated few months back, all the girls were excited to see their pictures in press and faces in TV and theaters, we were more excited to see their postings in FB and Orkut.  

With the blessings of god almighty Sri Sri Shikari Shambu, i made it sorry we made it... :)

 I am really happy today because i got a call from Mrs. Beena and she had asked me to go for the second round of shoot with the customers, for sure i will not miss my Gorgeous FB friend this time.

(seeing no chance of calling my FB friend this time too..all the new entries are more gorgeous than her)

after reading this you will be wondering who am i ? 
i am a poor client servicing person who run between C & C (client and creative team)


(for all you comments you will receive 5 blessing from my god almighty Sri Sri Shikari Shambu ji, if you avoid commenting you will receive more blogs from my side...: )

Comments

Popular Posts