Ego Raj



The day is nearing, he is going to have his surgery this Friday, every one is praying for him, including me…But I have my doubts ……..its not because I don’t trust in God, but because, I am worried about the Doctor. You may think why I said so, and who am I to judge a Doctor. I have my own reasons for that.


Yesterday it was a party night in my apartment…..it was a combined function of Onam and Eid. Time is 5.30pm I have made arrangements for the programme, as usual I landed up in the apartment just 15mts before the programme starts, rushed to the venue (our tennis court in the pool side), could see every thing in place, the DJ, The AV, The MC, The Dancers, The Prizes, The Bar counter, The Food counter every thing is in place, the programme started on time…. 25mts late!!!, the tempo built from the first song itself, I could see the eagerness in every one’s face for the next programme going to come, even I was eager to see my daughter’s dance .

Even though you do everything with precision sometimes God plays his game, the power went off when the women folks of the apartment started performing Kaikotti Kali, but “thank God” it got fixed in a few minutes and the dance resumed. Wow! What a mind blowing performance. Hats off to them. And here comes my daughter’s dance, I know they will rock! yes ! and they precisely did that……

A senior member of my apartment called me and introduced me to some one saying that “he is the guy behind all these arrangements” I was honored. You could see me blushing at that time, but I am sure that the guy to whom I was introduced, had already shaken hands with me twice earlier, may be he might have forgotten and I am a face easily forgotten! Full heartedly I spoke to him, During the conversation I recognized him to be the cousin of one of my very close friend.
I took the advantage of my friendship with his cousin and told him

“I know you sir your cousin has told about you”

He retorted “what do you know about me?”

I replied lightly “I know the good and bad about you” with my usual smile
He asked “what’s bad about me?”, I could see his face changing

My friend had mentioned that this guy does excellent paintings, highly appreciated by everyone .But I have never seen him coming up to join hands for any apartment activities, so I wanted to point out this fact to him ,

“Sir your negative, I feel is, you never participate in any of our activities, which would definitely help in boosting up our activities” before even letting me finish he blasted.. he started raping me with his words…. of course, he used the universal word starting with “F” more than 100 times with in a few minutes, and I realized the word “negative” which I used might have hurt him, may be I should not have used that word which I had done In a light mood, I tried to explain that I never meant any thing personal, but who cares, he continued abusing me, I decided to keep it cool, avoid creating a scene and I moved away from that place.


The entire mood got spoiled due to my one word “Negative” but I strongly felt that I was not guilty, I moved away from the crowd and sat alone and started rewinding the incident, by that time I could see few of my intimate friends around him and he was explaining animatedly, I was sure I was the Villain in the script.
By that time it was 11.45pm, it was time to stop the music, wind up the party, the dance floor was not as crowded, people started heading home, I could see the DJ waiting for my signal to stop the music, I signaled him to stop the party. The day was over, but few of us still did not have dinner, a senior member of the apartment sat next to me and praised me for organizing such a beautiful programme, again I was honored but my heart or ears was not listening to his words, my mind was rewinding the incident again and again.


I could see the set getting packed, Suddenly there was a mild shower which had been threatening the whole evening. But “thank God” it was only a drizzle and lasted only a few minutes. The caterers took few more minutes to warm the food, I was waiting with the senior member I earlier mentioned to get our share of food, I could see the artist guy heading in my direction with the accusation, “you triggered me”. I listened to each and every word he said, by that time few of our association members surrounded us. But now he had changed his attitude, he started abusing his cousin who happened to be my friend, then I realized the villain was not me after all, its his cousin who used to be very close to him once upon a time and may become a villain later in his life, Was he worried that his cousin, my friend, would have revealed something about him ? Was he becoming defensive? Was it all “triggered” because of few drinks? This is the first time in my life that reference of another person causing me to be showered in abuse…That too publicly, even after apologizing to him 1000 times.
Later i came to know that he is a Doctor, then i started thinking more.
if the Doctor who is going to operate my friend had any irritation like what happen to this Doctor, he will surely mess up the operations. I really worried for my friend, and one thing i decided in life, will not say a hello to any doctor in a party, because i dont want them to get irritated because of me and mess up things.
I am worried that this blog might “trigger” my Doctor Friend into action once again against me….Lets wait and see…..but even now I take this opportunity to apologize to him for using the word “Negative”,
am i a egoist ? Then i will change my name as Ego Raj (sounds Cool)



(aLL THE IMAGES used in this blog is taken from Google images, non of the pic represents any characters in the blog)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ego Raj is definitely a cool name! Thanks for the reminder, Raj. You have just reminded all of us that we have to be wise with out choice of words. I am not going to say that you used a wrong word, but don't you think the Doctor had over-reacted? Too much booze???

Popular Posts